Last updated: May 22, 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Tamilmatrimony.com ("company", "we", "us", or "our"). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices, with respect to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Personal information you disclose to us
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as "User Information".We collect user information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps or otherwise contacting us.
The User information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The User information we collect can include the following:
Personal Information. We collect personal data that you provide while registering on our platform such as name, email address, phone number, education, occupation, city, etc.
Credentials. We collect passwords, One Time Passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Information. If you establish a credit account with us to pay the fees we charge, we collect some additional information, including billing address, credit card number or payment instrument, credit card expiration date and tracking information from checks or money orders.
Social Media Data. Our Service allows you to register with or connect using social networking platforms such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn and others. We may collect personal data you choose to allow us to access through their APIs.
All User information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such user information. By choosing to provide this personal data, you consent to our processing of that data.
Information automatically collected
When you use our Sites or Apps, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities.
This information includes:
- Mobile Device ID. Your mobile device's unique ID number.
- Geographic Location. Your mobile device's geographic location.
- Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address) to analyse trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
- Activity Within the Service. When you use the Service, we may collect personal data as you take actions within the service, such as users you have interacted with and how you use the Service. Collecting this information allows us to provide the service and helps us improve our Service by refining our recommendation algorithm, diagnosing bugs or issues, developing new features, and monitoring for behaviour that violates our Terms of Service.
- Cookies. We may use and allow others to use “cookies” (a small piece of data stored on your computer’s hard drive) to know if you’ve used or visited our Service. We use this to offer you services such as authenticating you, remembering your preferences and settings, analysing site traffic and trends, delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, allowing you to use social features and how you can better control their use, through your browser settings and other tools.
- Log Files. This may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system information.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”), are small, transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our services for our users, collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behaviour of our customers, such as whether an email has been opened or acted upon.
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, with your consent.
We use user information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your user information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
• To facilitate account creation and logon process
• To facilitate matches
• To fulfil and manage your subscriptions
• To post testimonials
• To deliver targeted advertising to you
• To administer surveys or reach out to you
• To request feedback and respond to customer service requests
• To enforce our terms, conditions and policies
We may use also your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience, direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, fraud prevention, and enforcing or defending against legal claims, provide, maintain, and improve our overall business.
We may share your user data with other users, with service providers and partners who help us operate the Service, in the event of a business transaction and for law enforcement purposes, as set out below:
Other Users: We will share user data with other users when you voluntarily disclose that information on the Service. For example, we will display your profile to other users when we match you with them.
Service Providers: We may share your user data with third parties to provide you with the Service (such as analytics services or customer relationship management services).
Corporate Transactions: If we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of control or ownership, we may transfer personal data in relation to that transaction.
Required by Law: We may share your user data in the following circumstances: to comply with a legal process, like a court order, subpoena or search warrant, a government investigation or other legal requirements to help in the prevention or detection of crime (subject to applicable law); or to protect the safety of any person.
Enforce Legal Rights: We may also share your user data to enforce legal rights, including: to mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, partners or other interested parties; to enforce our agreements with you; and to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites or Apps. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
With your Consent. We may disclose your user information for any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell, rent, or loan any identifiable information at the individual level, regarding its customers to any third party.
We may transfer, store, and process your user information in countries other than your own. Our servers are located in India. If you are accessing our Sites or Apps from outside India, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in India, and in other countries.
In Short: We aim to protect your user information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your user information, transmission of user information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
You can directly take steps to unsubscribe to the newsletters that you receive from us. Please allow fifteen to thirty business days for change to take effect. On some services, pertaining to transactional communication, you may continue to receive emails as a part of our services.
If you are an EU resident, you may have certain rights including:
The right not to provide your Personal Information to us;
The right to access your Personal Information;
The right to request erasure, or restricting of Processing of your Personal Information;
The right to have your Personal Information transferred to another controller;
The right to withdraw your consent;
The right to lodge complaints with supervisory authorities.
We may require proof of or need to verify your identity before we can give effect to these rights. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Grievance Officer:
Mr. Akilan Paneerselvam.
94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, Tower-2,
10th Floor, MRC Nagar, Chennai - 600028
The Grievance officer shall be available between 10 am and 6 pm IST from Monday to Saturday excluding Sundays and Public Holidays in India.
The Grievance officer is appointed as per Section 5 (9) of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security & Procedures and Sensitive Personal data or Information) Rule, 2011.